Gifts for My Mother

It is Mother’s Day and everyone is thinking what would be the best treat for their mother. If I were to ask my mother, I guess she will only answer, “Don’t bother, dear. I don’t need special gifts, I am happy with you around here.”  Nah, that is a typical mother’s answer. But I think I am a sweet child, and every sweet child just got to have something to surprise her mother.

Well, I am planning to give her something very special, and “very special” would mean “expensive.”  How about a handbag? What expensive bag have we got here?


Oh, that’s Chanel “Diamond Forever” Classic Handbag. Wow, isn’t that gorgeous? It is studded with 334 diamonds, for a total of 3.56 carats, on 18-carat white gold. Its shoulder straps are also made from white gold. That would be lovely for her! And how much is that? $261,000?! I think that is quite high for my budget. Besides, mom already had lots of bags. Maybe she doesn’t need another one.

How about a new pair of shoes? I have seen her old pair and they are really tattered and worn. I can buy her a new one. Alright, so what is the best shoe?


Try the “Diamond Dream” by Stuart Weitzman. These shoes come with 1,420 well cut Kwiat colorless diamonds set in platinum. Very stunning! That would be gorgeous on her feet. How much could that be? $500,000?! Uhmm.. That’s stupendous! Well, maybe, mom can satisfy herself with the old shoes. Sorry!

How about a cellphone? She needs one. I want a state-of-the-art and edgy phone. Mothers need to keep up with technology, too. Besides, this will keep our communications open anytime. What have you got?


A Goldstriker iPhone 3GS Supreme! The phone is encrusted with 271 grams of 22 carat pure solid gold, and more than 200 diamonds are added on the phone. The Apple logo on the back is created from 53 gems, and the home button is covered with a single 7.1 carat diamond. Moreover, the phone is decorated in a chest carved from granite and Kashmir gold along with a lining made from top Nubuck grain leather. Whew, are we talking about a cell phone? I have a scary idea of what its price might be… $3.2 million!!!

Oohh.. That’s pretty over-the-top expensive! A phone for that? Goodness, you made hungry with all those stuffs... Ah yes! How about a dinner with her? A fine and classy dinner! Maybe, some mouth-watering steak with great salad to match. That would be the best treat.  Where can I go?


Where? To Aragawa restaurant? Where is that place? The high-end restaurant is located in Tokyo’s Shinbasi district, Japan. Though the restaurant is specifically situated in an office basement,  Aragawa has an authentic European touch about it. Its red and gold ceilings are visible in the chandelier and dark wood panels, with no music no match except for the tinkle of silver, and the sophisticated and well-mannered sound of meat being chewed. So what is their delicacy? Wagyu beef. Or Kobe Beef to some references. A pound of this meat costs $800. Aragawa has its own farm where they breed Wagyu cows that are hand fed and massaged to ensure the highest quality of meat.

My, my, I think I have just lost my appetite. Everything seems so insane. I want a special treat but they are too good for my pockets. How about Justin Bieber? Mom loves that boy and a private show of him, with his “Baby, baby!” moves,  would be splendid.


But Bieber has a net worth of $112 million dollars as of 2011. And I won’t ask anymore how much he would charge for a private event. I might even get more frustrated…

Well, right now, I feel like singing along with Bruno Mars, “I wanna be a billionaire so fricking bad…” If I had all the money I wanted, I would have given her all those things. But I am not a billionaire! I am not a Trump, a prince, or a movie star. I am just a freelance writer who delights in the peanuts I earn in Triond and everywhere else. Simple things can also make my mother as happy and make her feel as special.

Instead of the diamond-studded handbag, I can give her a basket of roses. It is just as lovely, but sweeter and truer…
 
Instead of the glittery shoes, why not a soft slipper full of hearts…


Instead of the fancy phone, I can give her a greeting card. I can better show her my appreciation through it…

 
Instead of fine dinner, how about some muffins sprinkled with love…


And instead of a concert, maybe a classic song for mama would truly please her…


Yes, I am not a millionaire nor a great man. Just a simple writer who wishes to touch people’s lives! With my pen and heart, I say “Happy Mother’s Day” to my mother, and to all the mothers who have created millionaires, great men, and writers alike…

0 comments:

Post a Comment