David Gates: I Can't Find the Words to Say Goodbye


If there are songs that I would not want to be sung for me, this will be one of them. Neither will I can imagine myself singing this song to someone. Though its melody is very pleasant and sweet to the ears, its message is the opposite. This song is about leaving but being scared of saying you are leaving. It really takes courage to say “I Love You”, but it takes more than courage to say “We are done.” So I guess the song will help anyone say it. But hell, the song is really painful. Anyway, here it is…


Can't say I don't love her
Still I can't pretend
That my heart is torn just knowing that I'm losing my bestfriend
If it's easier said and done
Then someone tell me why
Though I try,
I can't find the words to say goodbye.

I could tell her that I'm sorry
Hope she'll understand
She will have to do with someone else
All that we have planned
I'd rather her hear the truth
Than hurt her with a lie
So I tried,
But I can't find the words to say goodbye.


Now I know
I have to go
There's no other way
But goodbye is not what I can bring myself to say...

If I told her "see you later"
Then I might be wrong
'cause this voice inside is driving me
To find where I belong
I know I must leave her now but everytime I try,
Don't know why,
but I can't find the words to say goodbye...
Don't know why,
I can't find the words to say goodbye....

5 comments:

  1. ohh gudbye..ang hirap sabihin to.
    nyway thanks po for including my blog sa blogroll nio. ingat po

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I happy becoause ,I like this your web site ....and in the web site good working .
    I am very happy but give me more information hes related post.
    thank you for the good sharing all the world peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great massge of yout mind I hope of you good working in and
    website but I give me more information see it please upload the
    more information ,thank you for the
    good sharing all the world peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I like you post and you good working in this website but I am very happy because after reading your infoemation , and tips for health .you now I
    look your post helpful your fashion designing for me .thank you for the good sharing all the world peoples .

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this good but ,I like your post and good pics may be any peoples not like because defrent mind all poeple ,
    but I like your website and nice information after reading post tell me see my blog and promotion you website with
    auto approve blog list and thank you for the good sharing all
    the world poeples .

    ReplyDelete