Christmas Blessings


Christmas is indeed very near. We had our yearend party last Wednesday and Christmas vacation will soon start, though we already did not have classes this week since the students are hosting a Mindanao-wide convention. But my “break my school and work” had officially begun. LOL!

Well, after a very long while (it was not just a “while” actually), I was finally back to the city this morning, with a single crutch and a leg still limping. I was with my mother and brother-in-law. I looked over my bank account and I was fascinated with the figures. Congratulations! My eyes twinkled like Christmas lights, and a big grin crossed my lips. Instantly, the wind sang “we wish you a merry Christmas” and the buildings were “dashing through the snow”. And my Christmas had officially begun. Today. LOL!



Having so much “blessings” on Christmas, and realizing so many cares for you, brings such wonderful feelings. It makes you stronger. Well, seeing my bank account this morning reminded me of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol”. It is officially my favorite Christmas story. LOL!

The story is about a stingy and greedy businessman Ebenezer Scrooge. On a Christmas Eve, the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come visited him. The Ghost of Christmas Past reminded Scrooge of his boyhood’s innocence and gentleness. The Ghost of Christmas Present revealed how his neighbors and fellow men were happily celebrating the season. Lastly, the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come showed him what will he become if he remained who he was. The following morning, it was Christmas Day, Scrooge woke up with love, tenderness, and joy in his heart, and then he spent the day with his loved ones. Overnight, a man was transformed.

It is a wonderful story. It teaches us the true of meaning of Christmas – that the season is a time of giving. A blessed year must be celebrated with thanksgiving and sharing. There is no need for extravagance. A joyful heart and tenderness is gift enough.

We owe something to everyone. And Christmas is the perfect time to give back. Let us all then open our hearts. Ourselves. (And our pockets! LOL!) To everyone…
Read more of my articles at Triond, Factoidz and Bukisa.
Sign up now for Triond, Factoidz and Bukisa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment